3.18.2006

Spring Broken


I got all done with my deadline early, with much success--but not without hiccups--I might add, thinking that i'd have plenty of time to fuck off this weekend and do nothing, watch tv, go to the movies, catch up on some personal work...go to the gym, etc. before I go to Arkansas on Monday to workshop. But damned if this silly little town isn't buttoned up for the next week, because it is spring break at OU. More like spring broken if you ask me. It's just not a very adult-oriented town. My gym is closed (but I can go to the other, bigger one starting Monday, just not today or tomorrow). The cool old movie theatre downtown that i like to walk to is closed till next Friday. Oh well, not much i can do about it. Guess it's a hazard of living in a small college town in the middle of nowhere. Guess I'll have to drive to the stinky strip mall theatre. Last night I went to Columbus to see Bombay Dreams, a slightly cheesy show about Bollywood. It was entertaining; went to a great place in the Short North afterward called the Burgundy Room. It's nice to have some down time after a deadline...I told Steven this morning that I think i've been extra sweaty-faced lately, what with the must. prove. myself. anxiety that i guess is natural before the first few deadlines. It honestly helps when what I do is well-received, of course. Gerry and Richard were both really happy with the drawings, but i'm not so sure about Melanie. I can't quite figure out what makes her tick just yet, and i'm learning that maybe she is just the type that finds very little positive in anything. I hope that's not the case; trying to keep an open mind.

Steven's coming next weekend, i'm very excited. I've got some work to do to the plants to make it look like i've been taking good care of them since he was last here. They're a wreck.

2 comments:

Curtis said...

From the look of that picture, seems not much has changed in Athens since I was last there. I know what you mean about the town drying up when classes aren't in session. There's a part of me that wishes I were home.

Sam said...

It's such a great little town. Coming from Atlanta, where you can't walk to anything, I love that this place has a real, functioning downtown...but i'm learning that it is all for the students. My friend at work, John, complains that there is not a single bar for adults anymore...we are planning to take one over in the near future. No drinking too much. No smoking. No barfing. No high pitched squeals. But it just kills me how much is closed for spring break. I hope that's not an indicator of what summer will be like here!

Fight the H8 in Your State