3.19.2006

An Update on the Move

I haven't updated you guys lately on what's going on...for some of you this may be boring, but I know many of you want to know, so here goes.

The job at IBM that Steven was working on did not come through. Something about him not having direct experience with the software they use was the problem. Thank goodness that didn't apply to me when I interviewed with Hilferty last year...the only programs I know that they use are Filemaker pro and all the standard graphic design stuff: illustrator, photoshop, InDesign. All the drawing software I'm learning, as well as learning how to use a mac.

Well, i was bummed about the IBM job at first, but not too much. Steven is proactive if anything, and has been spending his time in the past several weeks getting certifications in all kinds of programming wares and practices...he really is such a student and loves to do all that stuff (and he can buckle down and turn everything off and focus on it...which is sometimes a problem for me...I am easily distracted). For those of you who don't know, he has FOUR degrees and is a bit of an egghead. The IBM job was perfect because we could live here in Athens, him working remotely and travelling fairly often. The road to Columbus is fine once or twice a week to commute to the airport, but daily is not a possibility.

So, now, we are back to wondering if we'll have to live somewhere between here and Columbus. And we had our FOURTH contingency offer on the house yesterday, which we rejected. Well, the house has been on the market for 9 weeks now, that is certainly not a long time. But I keep hoping the house will sell fast, and Steven can just move up here and take some time off while he looks. That would be excellent.

No comments:

Fight the H8 in Your State