12.28.2005

Getting my therapy on?

Are blogs like therapy? I know they are like exhibitionism, narcissism, and voyeurism all rolled into one big yeasty mess--but that's another post for another day. But I suppose if blogs help you get things off your chest, they are definitely therapeutic. This lady is JingXia, Steven's Mom, who has been living with us for nine months now. I love her to death, but I can't communicate with her (she doesn't speak English), and right now she is cooking like crazy. I love her cooking, but it is a bit heavy too often, and right now while i'm painting the house, it is killing me to share my new paint smell with her Chinese/fried/stew smells. Well, her heart is in the right place...and she really only seems to be here to serve, doing our laundry, all the cooking, sweeping the driveway everyday, all kinds of things to take care of us. But goddamn i wish i could communicate with her. We can't seem to get through to her that we'll never sell this house if it always smells like a chinese restaurant in here. People like to go out for that, not live in it. Well, I have to remember that most of all, I'm glad she is at a point in her life that she can spend time with her son, Steven--it really is a gift. I have to just keep telling myself that this house WILL sell and that sometime soon we WILL have a fabulous VIKING range with an INDUSTRIAL ventilator above, to suck all my petty feelings away. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sam said...

Get to work on those goddamn pillows!

Fight the H8 in Your State