12.30.2005

So Many Moms, So Few Grandchildren!

I am lucky enough to have FOUR Moms! Count 'em. That's my Mom, Pat (the one who gave birth to me) on the left, Mom #2 BC (stands for Betty Campbell) my Mom's partner since 1976, in the middle, and JingXia, Steven's Mom, on the right. My fourth Mom, Norma, is my stepmother since 1974 and was in the other room. I should have made her sit down for a complete Maternal Quartet. And the song they sometimes play is about Grandchildren, naturally. Not ours...but BC has many neices and nephews with young kids, Steven's brother has a son, Karen and Jay have neices and nephews too. I was just talking to my Mom on the phone, and she said she was glad we didn't have any for her to worry about! It's not too late yet...JingXia wants to know if Steven and I are going to adopt (and I don't think he ever answered her)...hmmmmmm (that's what my sister Tricia says when she wants to change the subject). And, by the way, my Mom was adopted as a newborn in 1932 by a 56 year old lady (my grandmother I never knew) who died when Mom was only 26, I think. So, she KNOWS its not too late...at 40 we're decisively spring chickens, well, when compared to 56! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sam said...

Nah...it's endearing, not a flaw.

Fight the H8 in Your State