8.08.2006

Fifty Things I Can Bore You With!

This meme is lifted from Curtis and then Larry. My friend Trish used to email these to me all the time... sure miss her!

1. How tall are you barefoot? six one
2. Have you ever been cheated on? sure thing.
3. Do you own a gun? No. But I've got a nice old sabre and scabbard that my Dad brought back from occupied Japan in 1946.
4. If you had a mental disorder, what would it be? ADHD. OCD. A bit manic at times, especially when I work till 9 or 10 pm.
5. How many letters are in your crushes name? 6
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Love 'em, but those nitrates don't like me very much.
7. What's your favorite Christmas song? Sleighride: Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Iced coffee
9. Do you do push-ups? I'm down with push ups and up with people. Giggle.
10. Have you ever done ecstasy? Yessiree
11. Do you have a boyfriend? Moved on up to the eastside: a PARTNER!
12. Do you like the rain? Yes I do, specially at this time of year.
13. Do you own a knife? In addition to the aforementioned large one, many others.
14. What do you smell like? Scotch
15. Do you have A.D.D.? I really think I do. But when i was a kid, it wasn't being diagnosed except in really extreme cases.
16. Full initials? CSYVN. Shut up.
17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I hope this cool continues. I hope VectorWorks works smoothly tomorrow. Damn the fair is packing up in 3 days.
18. Name the last 3 things you have bought today. Not a thing. What a fluke.
19. Name five drinks you regularly drink. Club soda, Iced Coffee, water, red wine, scotch.
20. What time did you wake up today? 7:15 or so, to the sounds of WEAK radio... Athens LOW POWER fm station.
21.Can you spell? Can Helen Keller drool? Hello? Expertly.
22. Current worry? Goddamn that commute mister is about to start.
23. Current hate? I agree with Larry, Life is too short for that crap. I hate dividers.
24. Favorite place to be? Asleep next to my own personal heater butt (Steven).
25. Least favorite place to be? that darn asphalt parking lot where the farmer's market is every Saturday am.
26. Where would you want to go? I've never been to me. Monte Carlo?
27. Do you own slippers? Yes. Boiled wool J.Crews. But they're for winter. Not now.
28. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? In my garden pruning and NOT mowing ANY grass.
29. Do you burn or tan? Burn yes. Tan no. Me Nordic. Me whitie.
30. Yellow or Blue? Blue blue BLUE.
31. Would you give up your current life to be a pirate? Fuck no.
32. Last time your cell rang? I've no idea. It's actually kinda useless in these har hills.
33. What songs do you sing in the shower? Doris Day. Que Sera Sera. Like I mean it.
34. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? my stoopid bitch of an older sister!
35. What do you have in your pocket right now? nothing.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? Kj's lovely son, Nimai.
37. Favorite bed sheets as a child? hmmmm. The Egyptian Pima 600 thread count ones? Gimme a break.
38. Worst injury you've ever had? Hit by a car.
39. What is your GPA? We won't mention the one from undergrad school. As a graduate student, HOWEVER, near 4.0 dahlings.
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three. And one is Ginormous...like 6 feet wide, and 8 years old I might add. Steven bought it just before meeting me (I woulda stopped him).
41. Who is your loudest friend? Larisa. In the most delightful way. I'd love to hear her right about now!
42. Who is your most silent friend? I just realized...I don't really have any friends that I could even remotely classify as silent.
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Really don't think so.
44. Do you wish on stars? Yes.
45. Do you believe in magic? Yes.
46. What song represents how you feel at the moment? Moon River (if you could see this full moon. Geez it is beautiful.)
47.What song did you last hear? Mornin' Glory; Bobbie Gentry.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? Who the hell knows?
49. What were you doing 12AM last night? Reading the Book of Liz, a short play by David and Amy Sedaris.
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Steven's awake already.

7 comments:

john said...

I filled out this meme too. It was fun.

Dwayne said...

Far from boring, I especially identified with the favorite Christmas song, Sleigh Ride. Leroy Anderson really gets me going.

Who's your favorite Moon River Audrey Hepburn, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole?

Curtis said...

Nice! Near 4.0? -- you bitch you! And you're wrong on number 43.

Sam said...

Dwayne, Andy Williams version of Moon River is my fave, though Audrey singing it on her balcony with the doo rag on and all is pretty darn near perfect.

And Curtis, after a *careful* check of my records, found that i'd rounded 3.6 up to 4.0 in my head! Selective memory doubtlessly. Thanks for pointing out my, er, mistake on #43, sweetie pie.

l-sauce said...

Oh Sam, I wish I was there to sing loudly in your ear right now. Instead, I will find a field here in Engelberg and sing "The hills are alive........" just for you. Miss you lots and lots.

l-sauce said...

Oh Sam! I wish I was there to sing loudly in your ear. Instead I'll have to settle on finding a field here in Engelberg and singing "The hills are alive......" in your honor. Miss you lots and lots. By the way, this may publish twice because all of the instructions on this site are in German, and I only understand some of what it's trying to tell me.

Larry said...

Aesome list! Thanks for doing the meme :)

Fight the H8 in Your State