2.26.2006

I Miss Bill II


My future's so bleak, I gotta wear shades. I'm cryin' Bill. Anyhow here are also some pictures of the main body of the exhibits. Mostly, aside from the "immersive-lite" exhibits described in the previous post, visitors are confronted with these big, imposing, listing walls, 8 of 'em, one for each year, 1993 - 2001. Each has WAY TOO MUCH copy to read, lots of photos, nicely produced a/v summaries of the year's events, and a bookcase full of binders of the President's schedule/agenda for EVERY SINGLE DAY (weekends too...never found any entries marked Monica, however)! It was fun for me to learn that on my 35th birthday, Clinton--aka 42--and entourage were in Florida visiting the Toy Store of someone who was once on Welfare, as part of his Welfare Reform intiatives. 1/10th of 42's papers were in open storage surrounding everything (all the blue boxes visible in one of the photos above), attesting I suppose to the gargantuan amount of paper that self-importance can generate. In between the open storage towers are theme nooks, on the long sides--in the naves of the church--on topics celebrating 42's success, such as the First Lady's Work, or Progress on Protecting the Environment, or Huge Achievements in Crime Reduction or Stellar Progress on the Economy, or Huge Programs and Initiatives for People who want to Help Themselves...this is a list of exhibits that will not be possible in 43's exhibit. Who will do that? And what will it contain?

2 comments:

Curtis said...

I miss Bill too. Sure, at the time I was irritated with him for not doing more for gay rights, but geez look at what we are dealing with now-a-days!

Nice building, but the second floor floating glass makes me nervous. Nice shades!

Sam said...

Yes, I hear you on the gay rights thing, Curtis. But, at least he could say the word GAY and at least he has gay friends. Dubya has lots of gay friends and associates, but he doesn't know it....Ken Mehlman, that reporter that spent many nights in the White House, Karl...Do you think turdblossom has come out to him by now?

And by the way, thanks for commenting on my blog so often! I always appreciate your comments, as I do your insightful blog. Maybe some day we'll meet and not just be penpals.

Fight the H8 in Your State