2.01.2006

Temporary Digs





For those of you waiting forever to see this stunning panorama, sorry it has taken me so long. Front and center is 4 Lorene, my temporary home here in SE Ohio...and hopefully very soon it will be Steven's too (and Trotsky's and Eydie Gorme's). Geez I miss you lots, Mister. Tricia and Karen, DON'T get excited about that fireplace...it is totally useless and plugged up. And that lovely awning over the front steps bangs me right in the bald spot if I bound up the steps. Second floor, i'm convinced, was built for midgets. I'm not that tall, but 3 ceiling-mounted light fixtures up here are well within head-banging range, the most convenient of which is in the bathroom, right at the sink where I shave and brush my teeth. There WILL be broken glass and blood involved some morning soon in the mad dash to get to work in time to not look like someone who has been a bit--underemployed, shall we say--for the past couple of years. Maybe I can yank it down and put wire nuts in there before tragedy befalls. And I have to duck to go through 3 of the 6 doorways. Who knew I'd be experiencing kitchen cabinet doors that don't close (because of 65 years of paint), shower curtains that cling to you like saran wrap while you bathe (never knew how nice those glass doors are), or a stove that has absolutely no ventilation (not even the fake kind that filters and recycles air)?? I really try to not be so high maintenance, but i miss my house in Atlanta. On the extremely positive side, town is a 15 minute walk away--a very nice 15 minute walk, past all the nicest houses in Athens. And in town, as I've told you all before, there is WAY more to do that in my little suburban, yet "intown," enclave of the ATL. Brand Atlanta: Opportunity, Openess, and Optimism...or..geez, i'm sorry, I am all over the place.

No comments:

Fight the H8 in Your State