2.09.2006

Movin' Slow

Ok y'all, i joined a gym so I won't continue to morph into Orson Welles (circa '76...think "we will sell no wine, until its time....") throughout the cold Ohio winters. And tonight was my "assessment" with a personal trainer. Personally, trainer, I thought you were a bit too stuffed animals and sunshine...I was hoping for more of a Joe Piscopo type to kick my ass and tell me I'm fat. All my bloodwork was good except my cholesterol is a bit high at 200, and my Triglycerides are off the chart at 223 (should be below 160). Too many shake milks and microwave popcorn, I bet, mister.

Well, I am at my ATF...that's All Time Fat, urban lingo courtesy S.F. Thomas (thanks for your way with the words, Scott), so this is a good thing. It's a very nice gym at Ohio University, and, provided I can make myself do it on a regular basis, a nice walk from home. Liz was there, and I think I worked hard trying to not seem so out of shape. So now, I feel like I'm about to fall on the floor. Hope I'll be able to make it to work tomorrow. Liz is certainly a little gym bunnie, working out with the freeweights with all the burly Joe Piscopos...me, I just did a little cardio start and now feel like i need to crawl into a corner and die for a bit.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Let me know if you get lazy with the gym, I used to be a trainer and I was the mean type who would berate clients...I'm nice now but can conjure it all back again lol

Sam said...

well, Bart, so far so good. I've maintained a steady two weeks now, even with traveling. Now I need to see what 2 months and then 2 years worth can do for me.

Fight the H8 in Your State