2.23.2006

Little Rock, Big Rain

Did I mention how much i love this new MacBook. The good ole bluetooth pics up on wifi hotspots, wherever they may exist (have I exposed myself? I don't know what i'm talking about).

It has been raining all day yesterday and today in LR, but I think maybe it has stopped. Of course, i'm unprepared, no raincoat...but at least i remembered to bring a hat. And also, it hasn't been a steady downpour. But i've been worried about getting my new baby wet in the bag on my back. Seems fine so far. I have this cool tiny scanner from the office that I'll use all day tomorrow, pretending that I know how to conduct research.

Melanie and I found a great old intown neighborhood with some life, called Hillcrest (doesn't that sound like an old phone number exchange from before our time? Gladys, connect me with HIllcrest 6 500 right away please). I finally had a good meal here, at a little place called Vieux Carre. This hotel is nice, but i can't eat breakfast here anymore..today the scrambled eggs were not only cold, but it seemed like they had been on ice or something they were so cold. I ran on the treadmill in the gym here for about 45 minutes before dinner, and the whole time it seemed like it might meltdown. Clanging around and wobbling a little...I guess this place is a little run down, but I much prefer that to too new. With a hotel, that can be a bad thing. And it does have wifi allowing me to spew my beam all around.

Steven has had some good news from IBM (several times over from a few different divisions...even one that is based in Canada!), and if all works out with that, we'll be able to live anywhere, as he will be able to work from home and travel a bit. Well, we can live anywhere that we can get DSL, which means we'll be able to settle in Athens. I'm very happy about that; it's a cool place and I'd love to not be in the middle of nowhere between Athens and Columbus (which seemed it might be the case if he found a job in Columbus he'd have to commute to everyday).

Still don't have an offer that 's a go on the house, but we've had 2 contingency offers for full price that we passed on. Well, we've had a bunch of people come through there, many more than once, so hopefully something will happen soon. More to come. Gotta snooze. Ciao.

No comments:

Fight the H8 in Your State