3.23.2007

Eichler Mod


Here is a really cool collection of Eichler mod California houses, if any of you are into it. These (for the most part) are DREAM houses for me. I'd love to have one, with tons of glass, an open-to-the-sky atrium in the middle, and lots of giant, desertey/tropical plants. If you click on each picture, each takes you to another page with lots more pictures of each dreamy, mod unit. Our old house in Atlanta had this kind of spirit, even though it wasn't nearly as deluxe or exuberant as any of these.

2 comments:

tomvancouver said...

Love it. My ex-roomate taught architecture, and he really enlightened me on not just buildings but the time and the culture that inspired them. I notice you have Alice Munro listed as one of your favorite authors, and I'm a huge fan of hers too. I once met her on Vancouver Island and tried not to gush, but she was really polite and friendly. There is a movie coming out this spring based on probably one of my favorite short stories of her, they changed the title, but the movie version is called "Away From Her". I think it from Hateship, Loveship, Courtship ( terrible title ) but a wonderful story. I just hope the movie doesn't destroy it.

Sam said...

Wow, I can't wait to see an Alice Munro story made into a film. Are there any others?

Fight the H8 in Your State