1.20.2007

1885 Ebonized Buffet

We just bought this gorgeous buffet today. I've always wanted an aesthetic movement piece, and now I own one. I have some beautiful aesthetic silver from my Mom (from her grandparents?), that'll look great in these gallery shelves. Does anyone know anything about James Schoolbred? Apparently he was a somewhat famous maker of aesthetic movement pieces in London.

Hopefully we can go pick it up tomorrow: in Lynchburg, VA, about 300 miles from here. Should be an adventure, since snow is in the forecast!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well hey there... you are heading into my hometown...yup, I was born and raised in Lynchburg, VA.... sooo sad...not really... tell my folks howdy! and be careful, it will be slick out there...

Anonymous said...

Well hey there... you are heading into my hometown...yup, I was born and raised in Lynchburg, VA.... sooo sad...not really... tell my folks howdy! and be careful, it will be slick out there...

Sam said...

Hey Kelly,
Holy Cow was that an adventure. A slick adventure. We left at five in the morning and are just done and back home at 9 pm. And we didn't even really get to see anything of Lynchburg. What did we miss? I'm going to make a GIANT scotch.

Fight the H8 in Your State